Our History



The original cottage was built in 1715 by an English immigrant named Samuel Hart. The original cottage is what we know today as the Lounge.


The cottage was expanded by Hart into a restaurant and Inn called the Hart Tavern. This is our current “Original Dining Room” and our “Historic” overnight rooms.

1775-1783 (Revolutionary War)

The Hart family sold the Inn during the Revolutionary War due to some family members taking the side of the British and others taking the side of the Revolutionaries.

Post-Revolutionary War

John Redrock became the new owner of the Inn, changing its name to the Redrock Tavern.

1800s & The Civil War

At some point in the 1800s, the inn became known as Hockman’s Hotel.  It is said that this building became a stop on the Underground Railroad, although this is not confirmed.

The Early 1900s

We became known as the Plumsteadville Inn in the early 1900s. In 1904, the Philadelphia/Easton Railroad was finally complete. The Inn went from a popular stop to a vital one, as many residents here were major fruit and vegetable suppliers.


Now co-owned by Richard Carson and Dennis Morrison, there was a devastating fire that caused extensive damage to the interior of the building. The Inn was renovated with additions to the building, extending past the original structure into the building we know today. In 1968, the construction was complete and..Read More


John Nyari of Widow Brown’s Purchased the Plumsteadville Inn. Two other widow Brown’s locations already existed in Wescosville and Stockertown, PA. Nyari remodeled and added a Bed and Breakfast style service.


An overnight kitchen fire started, spreading through the exhaust ducts. Hotel guests were evacuated and there were no injuries.


In the 1990s, three men co-owned the Inn, one of them being Chef Hans Fischer.  During this time, an overnight guest took her own life in room 201. Some believe this room, as well as the historic side of the Inn, is haunted. Claims of hearing ghosts and experiencing other..Read More


Yet another fire took place. It was believed to have started when an employee at the time was staying overnight dropped their cigarette in the stairwell. While there was no major damage, many antiques and décor were destroyed. At this point, the Inn was owned by the Distefano family.


In 2009, the Plumsteadville Inn closed its doors. A year later, the Evangelista family purchased in and began renovating the property. The inn reopened in 2012, continuing its legacy as a watering hole for the locals and those who were passing through.


In 2021, the Evangelista family sold the Plumsteadville Inn to Matt George, a Bucks County native.