Archives: Timeline Stories


In 2009, the Plumsteadville Inn closed its doors. A year later, the Evangelista family purchased in and began renovating the property. The inn reopened in 2012, continuing its legacy as a watering hole for the locals and those who were passing through.


Yet another fire took place. It was believed to have started when an employee at the time was staying overnight dropped their cigarette in the stairwell. While there was no major damage, many antiques and décor were destroyed. At this point, the Inn was owned by the Distefano family.


In the 1990s, three men co-owned the Inn, one of them being Chef Hans Fischer.  During this time, an overnight guest took her own life in room 201. Some believe this room, as well as the historic side of the Inn, is haunted. Claims of hearing ghosts and experiencing other..Read More


John Nyari of Widow Brown’s Purchased the Plumsteadville Inn. Two other widow Brown’s locations already existed in Wescosville and Stockertown, PA. Nyari remodeled and added a Bed and Breakfast style service.


Now co-owned by Richard Carson and Dennis Morrison, there was a devastating fire that caused extensive damage to the interior of the building. The Inn was renovated with additions to the building, extending past the original structure into the building we know today. In 1968, the construction was complete and..Read More

The Early 1900s

We became known as the Plumsteadville Inn in the early 1900s. In 1904, the Philadelphia/Easton Railroad was finally complete. The Inn went from a popular stop to a vital one, as many residents here were major fruit and vegetable suppliers.